If you’re considering changing your Snapchat username, you may wonder how to do it properly. Unfortunately, it appears to be impossible to do so due to Snapchat’s policy, which states that It is somewhat related to security to change a username.
It is possible to create a new account with the username of your choice and even remain in contact with all of your friends. The following instructions will guide you through the process:
- Tap the logo in the center of the app once it’s launched. Then, go to settings as illustrated below and select log out at the bottom
- Sign up to register your new account with your desired name. You would need to fill in the required information to proceed further. Use a different email address, or you will be rejected.
- After you’ve created your new account, the next step is to add all the contacts you previously had on your old account. There is no need to be concerned! It is not as difficult as you might have anticipated. In your phone’s address book, you have the phone numbers of people you know. After tapping Add Friends, you will be able to add contacts from your address book.
- When you’re finished, tap Continue and then OK to let Snapchat access your contacts. Then your contacts will show up. Select anyone with their Snapchat username written under their name rather than their phone number. Make sure nobody is left out.
- After that, go back to your old account and put in writing the names of those whose telephone numbers you don’t have. Log out of your new account and login to your old one (see step 1). You can now tap on My Friends. Under the name section, you can see all the names of your friends. Adding all the usernames, you need to your new account will require you to go back into your account settings once more after you’ve written down all the usernames.
- So, you’ve created a new Snapchat account with the name you wanted. The only thing left to do is delete your old account. You can do this by going to the Snapchat website and logging in with your old username and password. Once you’re logged in, you’ll need to enter your password again and then press the “Delete Account” button.
As a recap of our instructions, you will need to complete the following steps:
- The first thing you need to do is to go to settings and log out of your current account;
- Once again, you will have to sign up using a new email address to receive your account;
- By using the address book in your phone, you will be able to add some of your friends
- Write down the usernames of your friends from your old account;
- The usernames that you wrote down in your old account can be found in the new account.
- Delete your old profile if you do not wish to keep it.
That’s all there is to it. Have fun sending your snaps!
Meet Herry White, the passionate tech enthusiast and driving force behind FreeAppsForYou.com. With a deep-rooted love for all things mobile apps, Herry’s journey began in the school days when he first laid hands on a smartphone. From that moment on, he was captivated by the endless possibilities that these pocket-sized wonders offered.