Wave on Facebook messenger app has become a way of saying hello or greeting someone. It is a basic expression of politeness and will never fade out.
The recent update to Facebook Messenger removed the option to wave to someone easily. As we all know, communication is key in any relationship. Whether you’re trying to keep in touch with old friends or build new ones, it’s important to find ways to keep the conversation going. So, in this article, we’re going to show you how to wave on Facebook Messenger.
Are you looking for a guide on how to send waves on Facebook? Read on for a step-by-step guide that will help you communicate with your friends and family on Facebook.
Also Rread: How to Check How Old Your Android Phone is?
Are there any buttons that wave?
Unfortunately, there is no way to wave in the FB Messenger app at the moment. The buttons that used to exist for this function were removed during a redesign of the UI that occurred in spring 2020. Along with the removal of the Discover section, this update also took away the ability to wave. Let’s figure out how to wave on Facebook, even if it’s not easy right now.
FB Messenger makes it easy to keep in touch with your friends and contacts by automatically adding a new dialogue whenever you add a new FB contact. This makes it easy to stay connected with everyone without having to send a message.
When you open this conversation, you will see a system message saying that your new friend is waving at you. You can then wave back by hitting the pop-up icon.
However, this only works if it’s the first time you’re saying hello to someone. If you want to say hello to people you already know, make sure to follow the instructions below.
Sending Waves to Active Friends on FB
It’s easy to greet someone you’ve already texted on the Messenger app if they are currently active. Follow these instructions on the app:
- Open the FB Messenger app
- Hit the People located at the bottom
- Select the ‘’Active’’ option to see all the people currently available online
- You will see a hand symbol appearing close to people’s username
- Pat on the icon — the recipient will get your greeting, and they will be able to send back a wave to you
Waving Through the Web Version of FB
If you can’t seem to access the Messenger app to greet someone, don’t worry – you can always do it through Facebook’s web version. In some ways, it may even be easier to greet someone through the web than through the mobile app, since you don’t have to wait for the person to be active.
- Visit the FB website and log into your account with the required information
- Navigate to the Chat tab on the Home page (It is recommended that you reload the page)
- Once you’re on the friends’ list, the active ones will show with a green dot
- Place your cursor over the name of the person you want to wave to
- When you do that, click on the Direct Wave button that will appear next to their name
- That’s it! You’ve now sent a wave to your friend on FB Messenger
Waving Back to Someone
It is possible that you will receive a wave from a friend. This can occur when someone adds you to their friends’ list or sends you a wave first. If you receive a wave, you can reciprocate by sending a wave back. Waving is a friendly gesture that lets people know you are thinking of them.
You can wave back politely by following these steps:
- Open the conversation
- It doesn’t matter whether it’s a mobile app or website – there will be a yellow hand waving to you with a message and a ‘Tap to wave back’ icon nearby.
- To start the conversation, simply hit the hand icon to wave back to your friend.
Undoing the Wave
If you have accidentally sent a wave or simply want to take it back for any reason, don’t worry, there is a way to deal with it
To take back an accidental salute in a chat, simply load the chat with the person you saluted. Press and hold the wave emoji for a few seconds. After you tap “Remove for everyone”, the wave will be deleted on both sides of the users. However, if you change your mind within 10 minutes, you can still undo the deletion.
Also Read: How to Appear Offline on Instagram
Meet Herry White, the passionate tech enthusiast and driving force behind FreeAppsForYou.com. With a deep-rooted love for all things mobile apps, Herry’s journey began in the school days when he first laid hands on a smartphone. From that moment on, he was captivated by the endless possibilities that these pocket-sized wonders offered.