Do you find that your Android phone’s battery drains quickly? The culprit might be the applications running in the backend. In this guide, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to force stop apps on your Android device.
Method 1: Closing Apps from the Home Screen
- On your home screen, locate the “more” button positioned to the left of the “home” button. Tap on it to access the list of apps running in the background.
- Swipe the windows upward to close the apps.
Method 2: Force Stopping Apps through Settings
- To ensure complete closure of an app, navigate to the settings on your Android device.
- Select the “apps” section from the settings menu.
- Locate and tap on the app you want to force stop or examine.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will find the “stop” button. Tap on it to force stop the selected app.
Dealing with Uninstallable Apps
In some cases, you might come across apps that cannot be uninstalled, leaving you with only the option to force stop them. This situation can be frustrating, especially if the app behaves like a virus. However, there is a solution.
- Download a dedicated app uninstaller from the Play Store. These apps often come bundled with antivirus functionalities.
- Use the app uninstaller to remove unwanted apps from your Android device. This process circumvents the restriction imposed by the uncooperative app.
Boosting Device Performance with a Cleaner App To optimize the productivity of your Android device, consider installing a reliable cleaner app, such as CCleaner – Phone Cleaner.
CCleaner – The Ultimate Android Cleaner
The mobile version of CCleaner is a highly recommended cleaner app designed for all Android devices. Its effectiveness and reliability make it an ideal choice. Here’s how it can enhance your device’s performance:
Clear Phone Cache: CCleaner removes unnecessary cache files, freeing up valuable storage space.
Stop Background Apps: The app identifies and stops resource-intensive apps running in the background, thereby reducing battery consumption.
Identify and Delete Redundant Files: It scans for duplicate, unused, and old files on your device, suggesting their deletion.
Performance Analysis: CCleaner offers insights into your device’s overall functionality and provides statistics on what needs to be cleaned or has been cleaned.
By following these methods, you can easily force stop apps on your Android device, allowing you to manage your device’s resources more efficiently. Additionally, installing a cleaner app like CCleaner – Phone Cleaner can further enhance your device’s performance by optimizing its functionality and freeing up storage space.
Meet Herry White, the passionate tech enthusiast and driving force behind FreeAppsForYou.com. With a deep-rooted love for all things mobile apps, Herry’s journey began in the school days when he first laid hands on a smartphone. From that moment on, he was captivated by the endless possibilities that these pocket-sized wonders offered.